Big Change is on the way to Kentucky Employees Credit Union! We’re looking to revamp our members’ banking experience. Whether you’re online or on your mobile device, KECU seeks to create an easier-to-use, seamless platform for managing your accounts.
Which is why on Saturday, March 31st our main office will be closed. We are transitioning to a new data processing system to create more efficient processes that will allow us to better serve you!
New KECU App Available for Download
This app replaces the old application, and is available for download on iOS and Google Play.
What You Should Know About the Big Change
- We’re upgrading our data processing system so we can better serve you. This upgrade will help increase credit union offerings, member customization capabilities, staff-efficiency, and allow you – the member – to manage your account(s) easier and more efficiently. Transitioning to the new data processing system will create a more seamless, easier-to-use experience for those we serve.
- Some suffixes are staying the same and some are changing. Not sure what suffixes are or if this applies? Check out the additional suffix information below.
- To stay up-to-date on changes affecting you, go online to kecu.org for the latest updates. Follow us on Facebook, facebook.com/100Moore, or on Twitter, twitter.com/KyEmpCU. Be sure your mailing address and email address with us is current and that you are signed up to receive our e-newsletters. As the date approaches when we are to convert over to the new data processing system, you will receive additional information my mail or by email.
How does the new internet banking work?
We’ll show you. Below are some scroll-through, step-by-step tutorials on things like making payments and reviewing pending transactions.
Logging in for the first time?
Here’s what you should know. Have your account number handy.
Know the in’s and out’s of the mobile app as well.
Want to learn more about the features?
Is the app available? I can't find the app.
Note you MUST perform your initial login from a desktop or internet browser. Your account number is your username and your password is the last 4 of the social of the primary account holder. You’ll be prompted to change your password once you’re successfully logged in.
The new app will be BLUE with WHITE writing (KECU logo).
The app is still called KECU Anywhere
I can't see my Bill Pay.
Bill Pay is live in the internet banking environment, although not yet live in the mobile environment.
How will Bill Pay be affected? Will my Bill Pay payments still process?
Will I log in to internet banking at the same site as before?
No. If you’ve bookmarked an address other than kecu.org to log into your account, it will change. The username and password fields for logging into your account will be located on the home page of kecu.org and click the blue Login button
Will my username and password for Internet Banking change?
Yes. Your username and password will reset. Please follow these instructions for your initial Online Banking login:
- Username is your account number
- Password is the last four digits of the primary account holder’s SSN
- Once in the system, you will be prompted to change your password to a case sensitive, 6-digit password. The password must meet the following criteria:
- Must have at least 1 uppercase letter
- Must have at least 1 lowercase letter
- Must have at least 1 number
- You must also select a verification image
Will my username and password for Mobile Banking change?
Yes – but here’s the good news: The username and password you will use to log into Online Banking is the same username and password you will use to access Mobile Banking – it’s all the same Internet Banking experience. If you follow the set of instructions above for your initial login, your username and password will be reset and established for both platforms. For your initial log in, please use your desktop prior to logging in to the mobile environment.
Will my PIN for MoneyLine Automated Teller change?
Yes. After April 1st, you may be prompted to set up a new four-digit PIN when calling MoneyLine Automated Teller. The steps involved are as follows:
- You will first be prompted for your account number
- Then for the full nine-digit SSN for the primary account holder
- The system will confirm and invite the member to set up a four-digit PIN
- You will then be prompted for the account number followed by the new PIN
- Access to the account will be granted
Will I be able to see my previous transaction history?
Previous transaction history will not appear on Internet banking dated previous to March 30th at 6:00 pm. Please maintain a written ledger to assist in balancing your account(s) during the conversion weekend.
Will I still be able to check my balance via text code?
No. After Friday, March 30th, you will no longer be able to text for your balance. However, with the new Internet Banking experience, you’ll be able to set up e-alerts and/or push notifications
I can't see my KECU VISA Credit Cards.
Credit cards will not be immediately available within the new internet banking platform. Please go to eZCardinfo.com or the page we’ve set up for instructions on how you can make payments, review balances, etc.
Will member-to-member transfer be working soon?
Member to member transfer is available in internet banking when you click on the Menu button, then click Transfers. Once you’ve selected an account to Transfer From under Start New Transfer, you can click the Transfer To drop down – select Other if you wish to make a member to member transfer.
Enter an amount, click Continue, and you’ll be prompted to enter the member’s Account Number and Suffix. Confirm with the member you’re transferring funds to that the suffix is correct, as some suffixes have changed.
I can't create an external / ACH transfer from internet / mobile banking.
External Transfers (or ACH Transfer) can be found under the Menu button under External Transfers. There you’ll set up and verify accounts. Note, there is a two day waiting period required before you enter deposit amounts for security purposes, and accounts will be marked as Pending.
External Transfers are available only from the browser version.
Where is the Remote Deposit Capture function in mobile banking?
Where is my account history?
Account history from prior to conversion does not pull into the new internet banking platform. KECU still has access to the statement data from prior to conversion. For members who normally receive e-statements, they will be receiving March statements via paper mail. If you are looking for more transaction history, contact KECU by phone, stop by, or send a secure message via internet banking.
Internet Banking Desktop Tutorial
Mobile Internet Banking Tutorial
Some account suffixes may be changing.
What is an account suffix? An account suffix refers to the 3 digits at the end of your account number that indicate sub-accounts. Sub-accounts can be savings, checking, loans, cards, certificates of deposit, or any other type of service you may have with KECU. By upgrading our core, we’re allowing more account suffix types for your convenience, so be aware that this change may apply to one or more of your accounts.
Below is a range of account suffixes that may appear differently:
|Secondary Business Share||40-49|
|Checking w/Courtesy Pay||009-013|
|6 Month – 60 Month
Certificate of Deposit
|6 Month – 60 Month IRA Certificate of Deposit||100-399|
|6 Month – 60 Month Roth IRA Certificate of Deposit||100-399|
|6 Month – 60 Month Business Certificate of Deposit||100-399|
|Business Used Vehicle||400-499|
|New CRIF Auto||400-499|
|Used CRIF Auto||400-499|
|First Check Loan||400-499|
|Closed End Signature||400-499|
|LOC – Monthly||500-599|
|LOC – Semi Monthly||500-599|
|3 Year Line of Credit||500-599|
|Line of Credit||500-599|
|HELOC – Monthly||500-599|
|HELOC – Semi Monthly||500-599|
|Fixed Rate Morgtage||700-724|
|5 Year Arm||700-724|
|Closed 2nd Mortgages||700-724|
|3 Year Arm||700-724|
|1 Year Arm||700-724|