KECU’s friendly, professional staff is always ready to assist you in a confidential manner. Whatever you need to achieve your goals, you can count on us to provide you with top-quality, financial products and services. We’re committed to making each of our members financially successful by focusing our attention on their financial wellness.
You Can Be A Member!
There are MANY ways you can qualify to join KECU:
- If you live, work or worship in any of the following counties
- Anderson, Bourbon, Boyle, Bullitt, Clark, Estill, Fayette, Franklin, Garrard, Harrison, Henry, Jefferson, Jessamine, Lincoln, Madison, Mercer, Nicholas, Oldham, Powell, Scott, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble and Woodford.
- A student or employee at any of the following colleges
- Alice Lloyd College, Asbury College, Bellarmine University, Berea College, Brescia University, Campbellsville University, Centre College, Cumberland College, Georgetown College, Kentucky Christian College, Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), Kentucky State University, Kentucky Wesleyan College, Lindsey Wilson College, Midway College, Pikeville College, Saint Catherine College, Spalding University, Thomas More College, Transylvania University, Union College.
- A Public Sector employee including
- County, Local, State, and Federal Government Employees; Military personnel; and Public Schools Employees.
- A family member of anyone in the groups listed above
Field of Membership
KECU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned and operated by members just like you. Earnings are returned to members just like you in the form of dividends on savings and low rate loans.
Credit Unions are the only financial institutions that exist for the sole purpose of serving the financial needs of their member-owners. KECU is proud to be a part of this cooperative spirit and invites you to take advantage of the benefits of membership.
KECU’s field of membership includes any Public Sector employee (such as County, Local, State, and Federal Government employees and Public School employees), Association of Independent Kentucky Colleges and Universities, members of the Bluegrass ADD and Kentuckiana Regional Planning & Development Agency (KIPDA), and family members of anyone in these groups. If you meet any of these requirements, then you are eligible to join KECU.
If there will be additional individuals on the account, then you will need to include all of the information for the joint owner as well.
Please include opening deposits with your application:
- A $5 minimum deposit is required to open a Share (savings) Account.
- A $5 minimum deposit is required to open a Share Draft (checking) Account. $10 must be deposited into the Share Draft Account (checking) and $5 into the Share Account (savings). For deposits greater than $15 please specify how the funds should be deposited.
USA Patriot Act
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your drivers license or other identifying documents.