My Debit Card
Personalize your card!
Choose one of our beautiful images, or upload your own.
Photo by Sias van Schalkwyk
A KECU “My Debit Card” photo debit card is available when you open a new KECU Checking Plus or Checking Account. KECU “My Debit Card” photo debit cards are also available to current members with an existing KECU checking account. If you are a current member, your membership must be kept in accordance with the Membership Agreement [link] and be in good standing.
Your photo debit card will work and function like a regular debit card and will be accepted wherever VISA credit or debit cards are accepted.
KECU reserves the right to reject, in its sole discretion, any submitted picture. Examples of photographs which will be excluded, but not limited to, are:
- Professional photographs, photographs including artwork or a photograph including other individuals, unless you have written permission from the creator of the professional photograph, the creator of the artwork in a photograph, and all individuals in a photograph to use the photograph.
- Photographs of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or public figures.
- Photographs containing provocative, offensive, racial, or political material.
- Photographs with trademarked material, advertising, promotional materials, Web site addresses or competitive marketing.
By applying for the “My Debit Card” personalized debit card, the applicant gives KECU permission to use the photograph on the card.
Members participating in the My Debit Card program hereby fully release, remise, acquit, and forever discharge Kentucky Employees Credit Union (the “Credit Union”) and all of its directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, representatives and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, and suits at law or in equity, of whatever kind or nature, whether based upon alleged tort or alleged contract, vicarious liability, indemnity, contribution, or any other legal or equitable theory of recovery, known or unknown, past, present or future, suspected to exist or not suspected to exist, anticipated or not anticipated, which have arisen, are now arising, or hereafter may arise, in any way relating to the Credit Union using the photograph on the card or any third party which asserts that a photograph or other document provided by a member for use by the Credit Union violates any claimed copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of that third party.
- “My Debit Card” photo cards are $5 per card.
- Each change to your photo debit card will cost $5 and will be charged to your KECU checking account.
- Replacement (for any reason) “My Debit Card” photo debit cards will be charged $10.
- Your KECU debit card will be renewed with a standard KECU debit card unless you notify KECU 90 days before your card expires. Reissues of “My Debit Card” photo cards will cost $5 per card.
- Special Handling costs including special delivery (Federal Express/UPS) is $25.
My Debit Card photo debit cards should be received by mail within 3-5 business days. Cards may be picked up at KECU, 100 Moore Drive, Frankfort, KY (only) after 11:00 a.m. on the following business day.
If you choose to replace an existing non-photo credit or debit card with a “My Debit Card” photo debit card, for security reasons, the original card number will be cancelled and a new card number and PIN will be issued to you.